INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information about you, which may include non-public personal information:
- Information that you provide us in the course of using the Service, such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number(s). We may also collect certain sensitive information from you including your bank account number, credit or debit card number, date of birth and social security number;
- Information that you provide us in the course of your participation in various partner promotional programs;
- To facilitate our Service, we request certain third party personal information from you or your mobile devices address book, such as your recipient's full name, physical address, email address, and telephone number. We may also collect from you the recipient's sensitive financial information including bank account and routing numbers;
- Information about your usage of the Service, including your transaction history, how you use the Service to send or receive money, and to whom you send money;
- Information that we lawfully obtain from third parties, such as identity verification services, electronic database services, and credit reporting agencies; and
- Information that we indirectly obtain from you, such as information about the device, hardware and software you use when accessing the Service, your IP address, the pages you access on this website, and other websites that you visit prior to accessing the Service.
- Recordings of your communications with our Customer Service department, including telephone calls and electronic communications.
We may also use "cookies" to track your use of our websites. A cookie is a small data file that is placed on your computer to remember your preferences when you return to the website. You are free to decline these cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of the Service. The information we store in the cookie may include your email address in addition to non-personally identifiable information.
We currently do not recognize "do-not-track" signals from your browser. We engage third parties, such as marketing or analytics partners, who may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our websites.
WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect information for the following purposes:
- To process your transactions
- To verify your identity
- To collect payment for your use of the Service
- To allow our partners to fulfill their promotional obligations to you
- To troubleshoot problems with the Service
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, and rules, such as those relating to "know-your-customer", and anti-money laundering requirements.
- To detect and prevent fraud and other illegal uses of the Service
- To send you marketing notices, service updates, and promotional offers
We will retain your information, including but not limited to your personal and payment source information, as needed to provide you services, as required by applicable law, to resolve disputes and to enforce our agreements. Xoom abides by strict security standards, but if you wish to cancel your account and stop using Xoom's services, contact us at https://www.xoom.com/contact-xoom-customer-service. We will continue to retain your information after your account is cancelled as required under applicable law, regulations and rules.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION WITH OTHERS
We do not sell or rent the information we collect to third parties for their promotional purposes unless we receive your permission to do so. Nevertheless, we may share information about you (including nonpublic, personal information) with:
- Third-party service providers under contract with Xoom that help us with our business operations, such as transaction processing, fraud prevention, and marketing.
- Third-parties that we partner with to offer additional products and services, such as long-distance telephone minutes, gift cards or loyalty points, but only when you elect to participate, and/or to receive information about those additional products and services.
- In the event of the sale, acquisition or merger of some or all of our assets, your personal information might be a part of the transferred assets. We shall notify you in the event of such an occurrence and inform you of any choices you may have regarding your personal information, by placing a notice on our website.
- Law enforcement, government officials or other third parties, but only
- in connection with a formal request, subpoena, court order, or similar legal procedure
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, prevent physical harm or financial loss, report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.
Our websites offer publicly accessible blogs. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. Please do not post any information you prefer to keep private, including but not limited to your email address, mailing address, or Xoom money transfer transaction information.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
You can access, modify or update your personal information submitted on our websites by logging in to your account and changing your preferences.
We employ industry-accepted standards in protecting the information you submit to us on our websites. We have put in place SSL [Secure Socket Layer] encryption technology to protect your sensitive information transmitted on our websites. We also require a username and password from each user who wants to access his or her information on our websites. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
CHOICES YOU CAN MAKE ABOUT OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Federal and state laws allow you to restrict the sharing of your personal information in certain instances. However, these laws also state that you cannot restrict other types of sharing. Because we have chosen to refrain from certain types of data sharing, the only type of sharing of your personal information that you may restrict is as follows:
- If, after giving us your permission to share your personal information with third parties with whom we market our jointly offered products, you later decide that you no longer want us to share such information, you may contact us by email at https://www.xoom.com/contact-xoom-customer-service; fax at 415-777-8690; or by mail at Xoom Corporation, attn: Customer Service, 100 Bush Street, Suite 300, San Francisco CA 94104-3906, USA.
- You may also opt-out from promotional email messages to you by accessing your Email Preferences under "My Account" or selecting the "Unsubscribe" function present in each promotional email message we send out and providing the required information.
If you have a complaint, first contact Xoom Customer Service at 1-877-815-1531. If you are a Texas resident and you still have an unresolved complaint regarding Xoom's money transmission activity, please direct your complaint to: Texas Department of Banking: 2601 North Lamar Boulevard; Austin, Texas 78705; 1-877-276-5554 (toll free); www.dob.texas.gov or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
THIRD PARTY SITES
Our websites contain links to other websites. Xoom Corporation is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy practices of these other sites prior to submitting your personal information to them.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may amend this policy at any time, and shall notify you by posting a revised version on our website. Should we make a material change to the manner in which we collect, use or store your personal information, we shall provide prior notice on our website, or by email.
You can contact us with any questions or concerns at: Xoom Corporation, 100 Bush Street, Suite 300, San Francisco CA 94104-3906