Information we collect
We may collect the following information about you, your Recipient, your Sender, or your Beneficiary, which may include non-public Personal Information:
- Information that you provide us in the course of using the Service, such as your name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number(s). We may also collect certain sensitive information from you including your bank account number, credit or debit card number, date of birth and social security number;
- Information that you provide us in the course of your participation in various partner promotional programs;
- To facilitate our Service, we request certain third party Personal Information from you or your mobile device's address book, such as your Beneficiary, Sender's or Recipient's full name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number. We may also collect from you sensitive financial information of a Beneficiary or a Recipient, including billing account numbers and account balances held at Service Companies, and bank account and routing numbers;
- Information about your usage of the Service, including your Transaction history, how you use the Service to send or receive Transactions, and to and for whom you send Transactions;
- Information that we lawfully obtain from third parties, such as Service Companies, identity verification services, electronic database services, and credit reporting agencies;
- Information that we indirectly obtain from you, such as information about the device, hardware and software you use when accessing the Service, your IP address, the pages you access on our websites, and other websites that you visit prior to accessing the Service. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this for fraud prevention, to improve our Service, and to improve our marketing, analytics, or website functionality;
- Recordings of your communications with our Customer Service department, including telephone calls and electronic communications; and
- Type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier.
We do not ask you for, access or track any location-based information from your mobile device at any time while downloading or using our mobile applications or Service.
We may occasionally send you push notifications through our mobile applications to send you marketing messages and other Service or Transaction-related notifications that may be of importance to you. You may at any time opt-out from receiving these types of communications by turning them off at the device level through your settings or through the mobile application settings.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. From time to time, we may combine this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you for reasons such as analysis, security, content generation or marketing.
We may use the MixPanel analytics tool in order to develop and analyze use of the Service. Analytics companies may access anonymous data (such as your identifier for advertising or device identifier) to help us understand how the Service is used. They use this data on our behalf and do not use this data for their own purposes except in aggregate form; they do not share data as to any individual user except in limited circumstances. If you wish to opt-out from MixPanel analytics, please follow this link: https://mixpanel.com/optout/.
We may use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your mobile device. This software may record information such as how often you use the mobile applications, the events that occur within the mobile applications, aggregated usage, performance data, and from where the mobile application was downloaded. We may link the information we store within the analytics software to any Personal Information you submit within the mobile applications.
We currently do not recognize "do-not-track" signals from your browser. We engage third parties, such as marketing or analytics partners, who may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our websites. We use local storage objects, such as Flash Cookies ("LSOs") and Local Storage, such as HTML5, to prevent unauthorized or fraudulent sign ups. Third parties, with whom we partner to provide certain features on our websites or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity also use Flash Cookies and HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. To manage Flash LSOs please click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html. Disabling LSOs may affect the performance of our Service.
Why we collect information
We collect information for the following purposes:
- To process your Transactions;
- To verify your identity;
- To collect payment for your use of the Service;
- To allow our partners to fulfill their promotional obligations to you;
- To troubleshoot problems with the Service;
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, and rules, such as those relating to "know-your-customer" and anti-money laundering requirements;
- To detect and prevent fraud and other illegal uses of the Service; and
- To send you marketing notices, service updates, and promotional offers.
We will retain your account information, including but not limited to your payment source information and Personal Information about you, your Recipient, or your Beneficiary, as needed to provide you Service, as required by applicable law, to resolve disputes and to enforce our agreements. Xoom abides by strict security standards, but if you wish to cancel your account and stop using Xoom's Service, contact us at https://www.xoom.com/contact-xoom-customer-service. We will continue to retain your account information after your account is cancelled as required under applicable law, regulations, and rules.
Access to your information
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer wish to use our Service, you can access, modify, delete or update your Personal Information submitted on our websites by logging in to your account and changing your preferences or by contacting Xoom Customer Service at 1-877-815-1531. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
We employ industry-accepted standards in protecting the information you submit to us on our websites. We have put in place SSL [Secure Socket Layer] encryption technology to protect your sensitive information transmitted on our websites. We also require a username and password from each user who wants to access his or her information on our websites. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Choices you can make about our use of your information
Federal and state laws allow you to restrict the sharing of your Personal Information in certain instances. However, these laws also state that you cannot restrict other types of sharing.
- If, after giving us your permission to share your Personal Information with third parties with whom we market our jointly offered products, you later decide that you no longer want us to share such information, you may contact us by email at https://www.xoom.com/contact-xoom-customer-service; fax at 415-777-8690; or by mail at Xoom Customer Service, 425 Market Street, 12th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105-5404, USA.
- You may also opt-out from promotional email messages to you or your blog subscription by accessing your Email Preferences under "My Account" or selecting the "Unsubscribe" function present in each promotional or blog email message we send out and providing the required information or you may contact us at https://www.xoom.com/contact-xoom-customer-service.
If you have a complaint, first contact Xoom Customer Service at 1-877-815-1531. If you are a Texas resident and you still have an unresolved complaint regarding PayPal, Inc.’s money transmission activity, including Xoom, a PayPal Service, please direct your complaint to: Texas Department of Banking: 2601 North Lamar Boulevard; Austin, Texas 78705; 1-877-276-5554 (toll free); www.dob.texas.gov or email email@example.com.
Third party sites
Our websites contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy practices of these other websites prior to engaging with them or submitting your Personal Information to them.
If you choose to use our Refer a Friend program to tell a friend about our Service, we will ask you for your friend's name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the websites. We store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our Refer a Friend program. Your friend may request removal from our Refer a Friend program by following the instructions in the promotional email message we send out and providing the required information.
If you choose to use our Service to send a request for a Transaction, we will ask you for your prospective Sender’s email address for the purpose of sending your email request to your prospective Sender through the websites. We store your prospective Sender’s information for the sole purpose of sending your email request and tracking the success of our request service. Your prospective Sender may request removal from our request service by following the instructions in the email message we send out and providing the required information.
You can import contacts from your Outlook or other email account address book in connection with using our Service. We collect the username and password for the email account from which you import your contacts and will only use it for that purpose. We may also collect the name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number(s) of any contacts that you import in order to facilitate the Service.
Changes to this policy
We may amend this policy at any time, and shall notify you by posting a revised version on our websites. Should we make a substantial change to the manner in which we collect, use, or store Personal Information about you, your Recipient, or your Beneficiary, we shall provide prior notice on our websites, or by email.
You can contact us with any questions or concerns at: Xoom Customer Service, 425 Market Street, 12th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105-5404 or by email: https://www.xoom.com/contact-xoom-customer-service
Effective Date: 2016-12-15
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact us. If you are not satisfied with our response you can please contact TRUSTe at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.