Xoom Help Center
Why was my recipient denied funds at the pickup location?
The most common reasons for your recipient being denied funds are:
- The transaction has not yet transitioned to our partner for payout. Visit Xoom Track Transaction to make sure the funds have been made available to your recipient.
- Your recipient did not have sufficient identification. Refer to the confirmation email you received when placing your transaction. This email lists the valid pickup locations associated with your transaction, and provides information on what types of IDs are required.
- Your recipient visited a non-participating branch location.
If your recipient was declined at a valid pickup location, email Xoom Customer Service with the following information:
- The exact location and branch where the recipient was turned away
- The specific reason given to your recipient as to why your money is not being paid out
- The ID(s) your recipient presented
- The Xoom Tracking Number
Xoom Customer Service will work with you, your recipient and our payout partners to expedite the transaction.