Xoom Help Center
What are the Cash Pickup requirements in Mexico?
Your recipient can pick up Mexican pesos at thousands of locations throughout Mexico.
Our network includes: Walmart, BBVA Bancomer, Elektra, Banco Azteca, Santander, Banorte, BANSEFI, Intermex, Telecomm Telegrafos, Soriana, FAMSA stores, and more.
Money is usually available within minutes.
To pick up money, your recipient should have:
1. Xoom transaction number
2. Driver's license, passport, or credencial para votar (IFE)
Some partners have lower payout limits than Xoom’s transaction limit.
- Banco Banorte – 8,000 MXN max per transaction or within 15 days (when picking up in Sinaloa, Sonora, Chihuahua, Nuevo Leon, Coahuila and Tamaulipas)
- Banco Santander – 2,500 USD
- BanCoppel – 30,000 MXN
- BBVA Bancomer – 500 USD
- Caja Popular Mexicana – 2,000 USD
- Chedraui – 10,000 MXN
- Elektra – 60,000 MXN
- Famsa – 2,900 USD
- Farmacias Guadalajara – 1,000 USD
- Intermex – 1,500 USD (individual locations may have lower limits)
- Soriana – 1,500 USD (money will be loaded onto a Soriana card and can be withdrawn at any Soriana, including stores previously known as Gigante)
- Walmart – 14,000 MXN
Although some limits are shown in U.S. dollars, money is always paid out in Mexican pesos.
Picking up at Chedraui
Your recipient will need to have a Cartera Dinámica withdrawal card.
To get the card at any Chedraui, they’ll just need to show a valid passport or ID (Credencial de Elector/EFI) and a photocopy of the same.
Picking up at Caja Popular Mexicana
Your recipient must be a member of Caja Popular Mexicana. If your recipient doesn’t have membership, they can sign up when picking up cash (must be at least 18 years old). They’ll also need to have:
- Proof of address in the same territory as the co-op branch
- 750.00 MXN membership fee (which will be deposited into the account)
- Birth certificate and a copy of the same
- Two photos
- A copy of the ID
Your recipient can also pick up cash at Banorte — no membership is required. They simply have to present the transaction number and a valid ID.
Picking up at Elektra in the state of Tamaulipas
If your recipient will be picking up more than 4,000 MXN at Elektra in Tamaulipas, they may need to provide:
- Proof of address
- A digital ID scan
- A secondary ID
They may also be required to fill out a form.
Some locations may not pay more 5,000 MXN and may have monthly payout limits. Please contact the location for more information.
For a complete list of locations, check out Xoom Money Transfer Locations.