Xoom Help Center
What are the Cash Pickup requirements in Mexico?
The Cash Pickup service is available through Xoom's network: BBVA Bancomer, Elektra, Banco Azteca, Santander, Banorte, BANSEFI, Intermex and Telecomm Telegrafos branches, and Soriana and FAMSA stores. The transactions are paid in Mexican Pesos (MXN) and the money is usually ready for your recipient within minutes.
Recipients in Mexico will need to present the following information when they arrive at the branch:
1. Xoom Transaction Number
2. One of the following IDs:
- Driver's License
- Credencial para Votar (IFE)
Pay Out Limits
Some partners have pay out limits lower than Xoom’s limits.
The following limits apply to the amount that you can send to the partner. Although some limits are expressed in U.S. Dollars, the money is always paid out in MXN (Mexican pesos).
- You can send up to $500 USD to BBVA Bancomer.
- You can send up to $1,000 USD to Farmacias Guadalajara.
- You can send up to $1,500 USD to Intermex, but individual locations may have lower limits.
- You can send up to $2,500 USD to Banco Santander.
- You can send up to $1,500 USD to Soriana. Money will be loaded onto a Soriana card, and can be withdrawn at a cash register at any Soriana store, including stores previously known as Gigante.
- You can send up to $2,800 USD to Banco Banorte.
- You can send up to $2,900 USD to Famsa.
- BanCoppel can pay out transactions up to $30,000 MXN pesos per day.
If your recipient will be picking up more than $4,000 pesos at Elektra in Tamaulipas, they may need to provide proof of address, an ID digital scan, a secondary ID and to fill out a required form .
Some locations may not pay transactions over $5,000 pesos and may have monthly payout limits. Please contact the location for more information.
View Xoom Money Transfer Locations for complete list of locations.