Xoom Help Center
What are the Cash Pickup requirements in Mexico?
To pick up money, your recipient should have:
- Xoom transaction number
- Driver's license, passport, or credencial para votar (IFE)
Some partners have lower payout limits than Xoom’s transaction limit.
- Banco Banorte – 8,000 MXN within 15 days (when picking up in Sinaloa, Sonora, Chihuahua, Nuevo Leon, Coahuila and Tamaulipas)
- Banco Santander – 850 USD per transaction. 3,000 USD per calendar month.
- BanCoppel – 30,000 MXN
- BBVA Bancomer – 500 USD
- Caja Popular Mexicana – 2,000 USD
- Chedraui – 10,000 MXN
- Elektra – 50,000 MXN
- In Ciudad Nezahualcóyotl, Naucalpan, Chimalhuacán, Ecatepec, municipality of Tlalnepantla, within Estado de Mexico the limit is 17,000 MXN per transaction
- In states of Tamaulipas and Chiapas, see below for more information
- Famsa – 2,900 USD
- Farmacias Guadalajara – 15,000 MXN
- Farmacias Isseg – 900 USD
- Intermex – 1,500 USD (individual locations may have lower limits)
- Soriana – 1,500 USD (money will be loaded onto a Soriana card and can be withdrawn at any Soriana, including stores previously known as Gigante)
- Walmart – 14,000 MXN
Although some limits are shown in USD, money is paid out in MXN.
Your recipient will need to have a Cartera Dinámica card. To get the card, they’ll need a valid passport or ID and a photocopy of the same.
Caja Popular Mexicana
Your recipient must be a member of Caja Popular Mexicana.
If your recipient isn’t a member, they can sign up when picking up cash (must be at least 18 years old). They’ll need to provide:
- Proof of address in the same territory as the co-op branch
- Birth certificate and a copy of the same
- 2 photos
- A copy of the ID
- 750.00 MXN membership fee, which will be deposited into the account
Or they can pick up cash at Banorte — no membership required.
Elektra in the state of Tamaulipas
If your recipient picks up more than 4,000 MXN in Tamaulipas, they’ll need:
- Proof of address
- A digital ID scan
- A secondary ID
They may also need to fill out a form. Some locations may not pay more 5,000 MXN and may have monthly limits. Please contact the location for more information.
Elektra in the state of Chiapas
If your recipient picks up more than 4,500 MXN, they’ll need a secondary ID (credencial de lector, passport, or cedula profesional).
Additionally, the following limits apply:
- 7,500 MXN – per transaction/per day/per month
- 3 transactions per month