Xoom Help Center
What are the Cash Pickup requirements in Mexico?
To pick up money, your recipient should have:
- Xoom transaction number
- Driver's license, passport, or credencial para votar (IFE)
Some partners have lower payout limits than Xoom’s transaction limit.
- Banco Banorte – 8,000 MXN within 15 days (when picking up in Sinaloa, Sonora, Chihuahua, Nuevo Leon, Coahuila and Tamaulipas)
- Banco Santander – 2,500 USD
- BanCoppel – 30,000 MXN
- BBVA Bancomer – 500 USD
- Caja Popular Mexicana – 2,000 USD
- Chedraui – 10,000 MXN
- Elektra – 60,000 MXN
- In Ciudad Nezahualcóyotl, Naucalpan, Chimalhuacán, Ecatepec, the limit is 17,000 MXN per transaction
- Famsa – 2,900 USD
- Farmacias Guadalajara – 1,000 USD
- Intermex – 1,500 USD (individual locations may have lower limits)
- Soriana – 1,500 USD (money will be loaded onto a Soriana card and can be withdrawn at any Soriana, including stores previously known as Gigante)
- Walmart – 14,000 MXN
Although some limits are shown in USD, money is paid out in MXN.
Your recipient will need to have a Cartera Dinámica card. To get the card, they’ll need a valid passport or ID and a photocopy of the same.
Caja Popular Mexicana
Your recipient must be a member of Caja Popular Mexicana.
If your recipient isn’t a member, they can sign up when picking up cash (must be at least 18 years old). They’ll need to provide:
- Proof of address in the same territory as the co-op branch
- Birth certificate and a copy of the same
- 2 photos
- A copy of the ID
- 750.00 MXN membership fee, which will be deposited into the account
Or they can pick up cash at Banorte — no membership required.
Elektra in the state of Tamaulipas
If your recipient picks up more than 4,000 MXN in Tamaulipas, they’ll need:
- Proof of address
- A digital ID scan
- A secondary ID
They may also need to fill out a form. Some locations may not pay more 5,000 MXN and may have monthly limits. Please contact the location for more information.